BLACK, RED 'N' GOLD AFFAIR

Saturday, November 22, 2014


BLACK, RED 'N' GOLD AFFAIR


“While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence — which, I believe, does make the woman."
Mary Kay Ash

Hello beautiful people,


To date I always wonder why it took me so long to make my first post.
November is almost over and honestly am quite amazed at how far I have come on my blogging journey. Its been amazing, and all because of you my readers. Thank you.

Having come this far, I only hope to get better with each new post. 

Wish me luck y'all.


I wore this outfit last week as I traveled to the countryside to pick up my Kid sister.


This amazing red skirt was my basic item, it was the one thing that I was not going to change in the outfit.
Red is a great color, everyone loves it for obvious reasons. In line with the quote today, red certainly does exude confidence. Works every time.


I paired it with this black layered top. Despite the high-waist skirt, a crop top was not an option for decency purposes (being that I was picking her from school).


These heels were the perfect match. I especially love the gold detail at the back.

I love them even more for the fact that I got them at a shockingly low price in gikomba (I always love me a good deal).


I picked as many accessories with gold detail....I was high on the gold theme (blame it on the shoes).


Loved everything about this skirt.....color, design, texture and fitting. Felt like it was just meant for me.

When going  for  long skirts, the fitting should be the main factor...it should bring out your curves right.


Mmmmmh.. Don't I just love nature. 


The Midi-rings of course.....they fit very well in the gold theme.

Am very much into dark lip colors of late....they are full of mystery. This time round I went with dark chocolate brown.


I loved the front slit part. I doubt that it was very decent [in my defense, it's one of my few longest skirts],length was the determining factor.

Red skirt - Gikomba
Black layered top - Thrifted randomly
Black ankle-strapped heels - Gikomba
Midi rings - also worn here
Neck piece - also worn here

Thanks for stopping by. 

As always, your presence here is highly appreciated.

Have a great weekend y'all.

xo

Linet

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. thats probably the longest skirt i ave cn u in..bt u luk amazin u should wear alot of that gal...i love the colour combination...fantastic choices like always ...ur sense of style z wonderful am sure the confidence walked with u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that lovely comment...
      Long skirts have just recently become my thing....look out for more posts on them.

      Delete
  2. Looking great,that skirt mmmhhhh i am loving your blog since i discovered it.


    www.larinejackson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot gal. Its comments like these that keep me going.

      Delete
  3. neckpiece on point :)

    www.wanjiruwangethe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete