FOREST GREEN

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hi Loves.

I really hope all of you are having better times than I am....it's a festive season after all.

There's so many ways I could have gotten this heading wrong simply because there are over 15 shades of green and I really wanted mine to be Emerald.

After a little research here, I settled on Forest Green. 
Having established that, I can only pray and hope that I lay my hands on an Emerald outfit in the nearest future.....Amen.


I wore this outfit to an outdoor event yesterday...hence the green (it made lots of sense).


Sometime last month I took a friend to Gikomba (I am slowly becoming a personal shopper), and in between being broke and going to Gikomba without prior planning, lets just say that I was not very excited about shopping. 

Long story short, you will never believe the price I got this H&M Tunic for, and it took me forever to reach the bottom of that heap but all my efforts paid off.


That, ladies and gents....is my attempt at doing makeup. As many of you may have noted, I rarely do makeup because I am not good at it. Well, that's what a smokey eye by Linet looks like....I should watch more makeup videos.


This image was solely for my finger nails.....plain simple with no polish or henna, which am really enjoying. All I have to do is keep them short and clean (at least till am bored with them).


Need I say how excited I am with my hair?
I recently stated that I have a new found love for my locks. Its a little late to be joining this bandwagon but I'll do it anyway, because its quite easy to take care of permed & dyed hair without going to the salon....but that's a topic for another day.


The point of being in a tunic is enjoying the 'freeness' that comes with it. However, the size of my waist was not cooperative, so I had to use this black slim belt to bring a little more shape to the outfit.


These are not my favorite pair of heels, but they are my only pair of red shoes also worn in this post . From the moment I decided to wear this forest green tunic, red was the only color that my imagination allowed me to work with, there was no two ways about it.


Apart from the rich color, the neckline is one of the other reasons why I love this dress..it's so elegant and doesn't need much accessorizing. I decided to wear these red earrings just to give the shoes some company.


Showing a little bit of leg skin was inevitable.

Forest Green Tunic- Gikomba
Black slim belt - Gifted
Red shoes- Thrifted
Red earrings - Stage Market.

Have a great week ahead everyone....3 DAYS TO X-MAS...make it count.

XO

Linet.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. love the red and green combo!!! very festive! apt for the season!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think of it, the two colors just speak of a decorated X-Mas tree...very festive indeed.

      Delete
  2. I just adore any shade of green & this dress is no exception. It looks fantastic on you.


    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that.Its just so bold a color and makes a statement all by itself. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Emma....just stopped by your blog and I love your style.

    ReplyDelete