GREEN MIDI-SKIRT + GOLD COMBO

Sunday, March 08, 2015


'A man has his clothes made to fit him: a woman makes herself fit her clothes'
Edgar Watson Howe
Photos by Kevin Cheptala at Railways Museum.

Hi Loves,

How is your weekend going so far. Hopefully most of you have had a more relaxing one than I have.

If I wasn't so sure that I'll have a very hectic week ahead, I wouldn't be squeezing time on a Sunday morning to make a post. But a gal's gotta do what she has to.

The quote above just had me in so much agreement. If a woman loves something, it will have to work. She'll move heaven and earth (or not) to make it work. Goes the same for this skirt, when I bought it I couldn't even move around without worrying something would happen. But thanks to a fitness routine I adopted some weeks ago, I can now wear it comfortably. (This skirt is among many clothes that have motivated me to keep fit).

We are all in love with the midi-skirt, right ladies? It comes with subtle modesty and such an allure to the woman figure, win-win situation. 
So when wearing it, it's often important to keep everything else simple, let the skirt do all the talking. In my case I chose a beige camisole and gold  heels while keeping the accessories to a minimum. 





Always talking.
Wonder why I've no lip color, getting the hang of lip gloss with the Pauline Caramel Lip Gloss.


Let me not even pretend that this bag was not a huge part of the outfit. It's from Lizzie Boutique and Fashions. I just love how loud yet simple it is. I'd never pass by bold colors, not with a sound mind...it's like the moth attraction to a fire.

Camisole - Thrifted. Kshs 50.
Skirt - Muthurwa. Kshs 100.
Heels - Gikomba. Kshs 100.
Necklace - Moms' and very old.
Rings - Masai Market, Dubois.

Still keen on giving the price details because am a personally certified thrift shopper and I could sing all the glories of being one. But I'll let the outfits speak for me. 

That's it for today muffins. Have a great week ahead.

Much Love,

Linet.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Green is such a beautiful colour. I love the pencil skirt especially the front detail. Lovely

    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharron. Detail is everything for any outfit.

      Delete
  2. Stunning skirt and I live how you styled it! Xx I need that skirt in my life, wish I could pull skirts off like you do though :) xoxo Check out my new blog post! I'm in need of some followers, thank you! X http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw!! Thanks doll, headed to your blog now.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gorgeous skirt and you pulled the look so effortlessly. I'm totally loving your style doll

    http://kareysdiary.com/2015/03/my-hair-journey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen.
      Gorgeous skirt=easy styling. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  4. I want that skirt...... Amazing styling. .. You look GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Almasi, If its ever up for giveaway you'll be the first to know.

      Delete
  5. beautiful look.nice blog. x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit dear! Love the skirt....
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/03/cc-hair-extensions.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is a killer. I so love it! Looking good.

    www.lindasworldofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr! Thanks Swiry.
      I love that skirt all the more with each comment.

      Delete
  8. looking great and that skirt I love it.
    www.mstomie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt sure does speak alot.I love it and its colour.The shoes are also great.I love it all
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this skirt is a stunner...can't argue with that. Thanks for stopping by love.

      Delete