OVERSIZED ILLUSIONS

Sunday, January 17, 2016


Photography : Ngash Sage Photography
I know its a little too late to be saying so but, Happy New Year loves.

How is 2016 for you so far?
Mine has began on a pretty lazy note, but I ain't complaining.

First off, I'd like to thank you for the sweet comments in the last post. 
And to all my readers, thank you for simply reading, sharing or commenting. Do know that I appreciate the love shown.

I had every intention of making this post some two weeks ago but things don't always go as planned. And like I said, am having a very lazy start on 2016...in every sense of the word. So you can imagine I've been postponing things a lot, this post happens to be one of them.

Speaking of a new year, do you have any resolutions and how are those coming along?
I've never been a huge fan of resolutions. In fact, I've had resolutions for only one year of my adult life. In that one year I realized just how lousy I am at resolutions. Actually by mid February I could hardly remember half of them, I had already thrown all caution to the wind. Looking back now I blame it on the care-free campus attitude. To be honest though, they were a little bit unrealistic which made it hard to accomplish.

I speak for myself only, because I know there are people out there who do a better job at resolutions. However, I admit that it's hard to go about life without a plan. In that spirit, I've decided to set short term, achievable and most of all, realistic goals for myself this year. 

So no resolutions for me. 
But I'd love to hear all about yours if any, leave a comment down below.



Dress : Thrifted (Mlolongo) | Coat : Thrifted (Mlolongo) | Shoes : Thrifted (Aga Khan Walk) | Make  upWanjiru Mungai



This is one of my favorite outfit combinations (Short dress + Over sized Coats). I have a huge obsession with anything over sized which can be worn in a flattering manner with my body size. This coat happens to be one of my favorites mainly because of the neckline and short sleeves. It always comes in handy whenever the weather is playing tricks on me, that way am covered for both warm and cold.


Honestly though, how gorgeous is this lip color. I have absolutely no idea which shade Wanjiru used but I'm glad she understands my make-up preferences. I love them dark and mysterious. However, lately I've been experimenting with some slightly loud, bright colors. 

Follow my outfit and lippie escapades on Instagram & Snapchat: @linetnkirote

That's it for today loves.

Have a great start to this week and a productive one.

Much love,

Linet.

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning!!! I love the structures on this outfit! So modern and so glam!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coat adds structure to the outfit, glad you noticed. Thanks Cielo.

      Delete
  2. Thought it was about time for the post...looking incredible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a while but I finally put it up dear. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I love dark lips too, okay lately not in 2015. Am now gravitating towards baggy outfits in 2016 unlike 2015 because tight does not always mean sexy!! The shoes and coat are a show stopper yet you thrifted them? I need to hire you as my personal shopper, seriously!! The years is still young, don't beat yourself for not starting it on a high not, you can still turn things around! I love your blonde braids!! I can't wait for your next post darling!! Great photos too.
    www.fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been a fan of dark lippies especially anything that looks black.
      Thanks doll, I try with the thrift shopping....I bet you can say I've acquired a very keen eye over the years since I started thrifting at a very young age....Mother taught me well.

      Delete
  4. Love it love it love it....... simple and so chic.... Keep em coming ma :* :* http://www.aimiesclosetclassified.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a little simplicity goes a long way. Thanks doll.

      Delete
  5. Haha stick to the plan ma'
    ION looking really good, namesake is beating your face a good one :P

    www.wanjiruwangethe.me.ke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely stick to this one dear.
      She is so good at what she does, thanks love.

      Delete
  6. Love your shoes! Nice style. Enjoy your week!
    Tyric
    http://www.toastandgrits.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colour.....beutiful and that coat is amazing and totaly understand the postponing thing.

    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.co.ke/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Almasi. This postponing thing has to stop though.

      Delete
  8. Linet, you look gorgeous!! Love your hair and look! So beautiful, inside and out, always!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the coat, so fabulous. Nice blog

    www.sunlightdreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a thing for oversize coats.This one's just great and so is the lip color.I can understand why you're not a resolutions person because often times people just forget them as the year progresses but doing short term realistic goals really works.Works for me at least
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, glad to see the 'no resolutions' team is large out there. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Stunning! You look fabulous. I really love the gold tones in your eyemakeup, shoes, and hair to compliment the darker tones of your coat and dress with a natural green back drop -it all just works. I adore a great over-sized coat, I am still on the search for the perfect one.

    icantaffordmylifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put so much more into perspective. I'm sure you'll find the perfect over-sized coat for you, patience is key.

      Delete
  12. I love oversized coats too, they just somehow fit with any & everything. You look amazing.

    Toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr, they seem to go with everything. Thanks love.

      Delete
  13. Aaaw Linet!
    It`s more than ok not to make resolutions. Based on past experiences, i have also learnt that making realistic short term plans work best for me personally! My biggest lesson last year was that i learnt its good to be a doer of things as opposed of being a dreamer.... Something that im still struggling with to date! But im working on it day by day! I have grown to love my oversized pieces and i think 2016 will show more of that! Would love to see more brighter colors from you though i must accept that you wear dark things so well...
    Cheers to many more posts hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God knows the struggle I have with that (being a doer rather than a dreamer). One step at a time though, we'll get there. I do love dark colors but I'll feature brighter colors whenever possible. Thanks for stopping by Milly.

      Delete
  14. Seeing that you have already done a post with these shoes, you can send them to south africa I will be ready to receive them :-).
    sindisosdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'll consider it doll, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. You look so good hun,perfectly styled. Love those wedges and make-up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara, missed you on the comment section.

      Delete
  16. Nice photos, love your hair, no new year resolution for me either.
    http://artadorned.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short term goals will have to do for now.

      Delete
  17. I so want everything here dear.
    www.proudlyelled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaw, maybe we can arrange an exchange dear.

      Delete
  18. Bingo..that makes the two of us on oversized coats,looking goerg in black
    www.emillymoraa.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is pretty. So pretty actually. The fact that I love everything oversize. Love it. Your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love! Love! Love! The structure of this is outstanding and the look is chic and yet looks very comfortable. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete